Life is better in Jacksonville Beach! This is the perfect Northeast Florida town for families, for a multitude of reasons. For one, the weather is always warm, bright and sunny. You get to experience epic sunrises to start your days off right. Best of all, there is always something fun to do for adults and children!
Here are 8 of our favorite activities for families in Jacksonville Beach.
1. I scream, you scream, we all scream for…(well, you know). Ice cream! It’s the best treat for a sunny day after the beach. Jax Beach is home to some delicious little frozen yogurt and ice creameries that you and the kids will visit every weekend. Good ol’ Ritas Italian Ice is a local tradition, Whit’s Frozen Custard offers divine flavors and Sweet Frog serves up frozen yogurt with a melange of toppings so yummy, you can’t even tell it’s yogurt.
2. Spend a day at Jacksonville Beach, stroll the pier and grab a bite at one of the many beachfront restaurants.
3. Ride bicycles on 1st Street and enjoy the beautiful, scenic neighborhoods.
4. Check out Castaway Island Preserve, where you can dip out of the city for a day and tread the long boardwalk that takes you through 0.9 miles of coastal habitat along the San Pablo River.
5. Let the kiddies run amuck at South Beach Park and Sunshine Playground. It’s the stuff of dreams for children, featuring a giant wooden park, swings, walking trails, picnic tables and more.
6. Spend the day at Shipwreck Island Water Park at Adventure Landing for water slides, wave pools and lazy rivers!
7. Go shark tooth hunting early morning at Ponte Vedra Beach.
8. Instead of traversing Jacksonville’s highways, take the peaceful and scenic St. John’s River Ferry from Mayport. It’s a fun little experience that the kids will enjoy and it saves driving time.
Submit this easy form and we’ll invite your friend to check out our community.
Allow us to introduce ourselves to your friend, co-worker or family member. If they sign a lease, you get rewards!